Objective: To make 50 percent of all government buildings in the national capital and all state capitals “fully accessible” for the disabled by July 2018.
Goal: To enable persons with disabilities to gain universal access, equal opportunity for development, independent living and participation in all aspects of life in an inclusive society- with a focus on three verticals: Built Environment; Public Transportation and Information and Communication Technologies.
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities will sign MOU with State to support spreading awareness about accessibility and help create accessible buildings, accessible transport and accessible websites etc.
Other schemes related to disabled:
- DISHA (Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme);
- VIKAAS (Day Care);
- SAMARTH (Respite Care);
- GHARAUNDA (Group Home for Adults);
- NIRAMAYA (Health Insurance Scheme);
- SAHYOGI (Caregiver training scheme);
- GYAN PRABHA (Educational support);
- PRERNA (Marketing Assistance);
- SAMBHAV (Aids and Assisted Devices) and
- BADHTE KADAM (Awareness and Community Interaction)